We all love Mc Donald’s and it is surprising to know that it is the largest chain of fast food restaurants, serving around 68 million customers daily in 119 countries across 35,000 outlets. Therefore to let you know more about your one of the favorite food joints; we have compiled a list of 25 fun facts about Mc D which you probably didn’t know.
- The original Mc Donald’s did not serve French Fries.
- Each year Mc Donald’s buy 3.4 billion pounds of potatoes.
- Only seven items in the Mc Donald’s menu contain no sugar.
- Mc Donald’s have the name “Heavy Users” for the people who eat lot of their food.
- Mc Donald’s serves over 9 Million pounds of fries globally- Per Day.
- Largest Mc D outlet is over 28,000 square feet and is located in Beijing.
- The top ten busiest Mc D’s restaurants are all in Hong Kong.
- Mc D buys 54 Million pounds of fresh Apples per year.
- A Mc Donald’s strawberry milkshake contains over 50 chemicals that are used to imitate the flavor of strawberry.
- In Japan Ronald Mc Donald is known as “Donald Mc Donald” to make pronunciation easier for Japanese.
- Mc Donald’s largest market outside the U.S is Japan, with over 3,000 restaurants.
- Mc Donald’s first menu items were Hot Dogs not Hamburgers.
- 1 in 8 American workers have been employed by Mc D.
- Mc D is the world’s largest distributor of toys.
- Mc Donald’s is not the world’s largest restaurant chain, Subway is.
- Mc Donald’s makes about US$ 75 Million per day.
- Mc Donald’s used to sell Pizza in the 70s.
- Mc Donald’s opens a new restaurant every 4 hours.
- The smallest Mc Donald’s store is in Tokyo, Japan which is only 492 square feet.
- The golden arches of Mc Donald’s are recognized more widely than the cross of the church.
- The Queen of England owns a Mc D.
- Mc Donald’s is richer than Mongolia!
- Mc D spends $ 1 Billion every year on media advertisement.
- Paris is the only place in the world where the Arches of Mc Donald’s are white instead of Golden.
Source- le-site-de.comCover Image Source: eatthis.com