Mother Teresa (26 August 1910 – 5 September 1997) also known as Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, was an Albanian Roman Catholic nun and missionary. She was born in Skopje (modern Republic of Macedonia), then part of the Kosovo Vilayet in the Ottoman Empire. But Mother Teresa considered 27th August, the day she was Baptized, to be her “True Birthday”. After having lived in Macedonia for eighteen years, she moved to Ireland and then to India, where she lived for most of her life.
She adhered to the vows of chastity, poverty, and obedience, as well as a fourth vow, to give “wholehearted free service to the poorest of the poor”.
Teresa of Calcutta devoted her life to helping others and won the Noble Peace Prize in 1979. Her legacy still lives today and her quotes are some of the most used and read. She had a gift for putting things simply and yet created a powerful impact. Here are my seven of the most favorite Mother Teresa Quotes. Add yours in the comment!
1. “Kind Words Are Short And Easy To Speak, But Their Echoes Are Truly Endless.”
Source : www.loveoflifequotes.com
2. “Not All Of Us Can Do Great Things. But We Can Do Small Things With Great Love.”
3. “Let’s Always Meet Each Other With Smile, For The Smile Is The Beginning Of Love.”
Source : brainyquotes.com
4. “Being Unwanted, Unloved, Uncared for Forgotten, I Think is a Much Greater Hunger, a Much Greater Poverty than the Person Who Has Nothing to Eat.”
Source : izquotes.com
5. “If You Judge People, You Have No Time To Love Them.”
Source : motivationalreads.com
6. “Some People come in Our Life As Blessings. Some People Come in Your Life as a Lesson.”
7. “It is Kingly to Assist the Fallen.”
Source : twitter.com
Featured Image Source – deccanchronicle.com