Mr. Raghu Ram Govind Rajan, who is the 23rd Governor of Reserve Bank of India was born on 3rd February 1963 in Bhopal. His Father was working for Foreign Nationalist Service and lived in abroad, but for studies, Mr.Rajan was forced to live in India.
Mr.Rajan was a Gold Medalist during his graduation (B.Tech) from IIT Delhi & was also a Gold Medalist in his Post-Graduation (PGDBM) from IIM-Ahmedabad. After completing his Post-Graduation, he decided to do his PhD from MIT Sloan School of Management and named his thesis “Essays on Banking”. Later he got appointed as a Professor in Booth School of Business (The University of Chicago). He is still on leave from the university to serve as Governor of R.B.I.
Mr.Rajan is also one of the famous economists in the world and he is also among the few who made the early predictions about recession in U.S.A (occurred in 2008). The same recession, which blew the World’s economy and the after effects of which is felt till today.
Mr.Rajan is also the Vice-Chairman of the Bank for International Settlements. He was also the Chief Economist of the International Monetary Fund(IMF), the youngest to hold this position.
In 2003, Mr.Rajan was awarded as the Fischer Black Prize given to the famous Financial Economist to only those people younger than 40 years of age.
He is also the author of a famous book, “Fault Lines: How Hidden Fractures Still Threaten the World Economy” which provides the exact meaning of the Economy.
He has also won the Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year in 2010. He was also included in 100 Most Influential People in the world by ‘Time Magazine’. Mr. R.R. Rajan has also been awarded as the best governor worldwide who is the first Asian to receive this award.
We at PencilText have listed below the famous quotes given by Mr. Raghu Ram Rajan which prove that he is the Boss! Check them out:
1. “It would be cruel of me to spoil the fun that the press is having on my extension.In all such cases, a decision is reached after discussions between the government and the incumbent.”
2. “I don’t know what you want to call me… Santa Claus… you want to call me hawk, I don’t know. I don’t go by this. My name is Raghuram Rajan and I do what I do.”
3. “I think we have still to get to a place where we feel satisfied. We have this saying – ‘In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king’. We are a little bit that way.”
4. “We are neither hawks nor doves. We are actually owls.”
5. “The governorship of the central bank is not meant to win one votes or Facebook “likes”. But I hope to do the right thing, no matter what the criticism, even while looking to learn from the criticism.”
6. “Expectations are high. Clearly I am not a superman. There is a little bit of euphoria in India.”
7. “I am not a doom and gloom guy.”
8. “It is not because of the benevolence of the baker that we eat fresh bread every morning but because of his desire to make money.”
Featured Image Source: thewire.in